We’re committed to a bright future for Africa
The Program for African Leadership or PfAL (pee-fal) Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) registered public charity. It was established to support the development of the next generation of African leaders through the provision of prestigious scholarships, leadership education and a platform for collaboration across the continent.
The PfAL Foundation envisions ethical, effective and authentic leadership in African communities that will promote economic development and social and political progress.
Our mission is to identify bright, young African people who display both leadership ability and potential, to provide them with access to a world-class education program, and to create an alumni network working to have a direct and positive impact on the lives of African communities.
We have developed our vision and mission into the following key strategic objectives:
- To support the establishment of an annual education program for emerging African leaders at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- To provide scholarship funding to enable at least 15 participants attend each year.
- To target growth in participant numbers year-on-year.
- To develop and implement strategies and systems to facilitate the exchange of ideas, experience and expertise across a diverse network of program alumni (the PfAL Network).
- To host a forum for the PfAL Network and friends of the program in Africa on an annual basis.
- To have a direct and positive impact on the lives of African communities via the PfAL program and the activities of the Network and its members.
As the PfAL is still in its relative infancy, we expect our objectives to grow and develop as new possibilities present themselves through the resources, ideas and contributions of our partners and supporters. Our overall vision and mission above remain the driving forces that will guide how we progress into the future.